An exciting opportunity for an Audio Visual Field Technician in Philadelphia, PA!
A leading national provider of audio visual commercial integration solutions is looking for an Audio Visual Field Technician in the Philadelphia, PA metro area.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-3 years of recent audio visual commercial integration support experience in the role of an Installer or Technician and have a good understanding of A/V control systems such as Crestron, AMX, Biamp, Polycom and more.
CTS or other A/V industry certification is a nice to have.Interested in advancing your audio visual career? Does this sound like your perfect opportunity? If yes, read on!Position Description
Required Skills and Experience:
- Provide superior customer service supporting audio visual systems and equipment either at the customer site or via phone, video, and/or email.
- Utilize troubleshooting and analytical capabilities to work through challenging audio visual and A/V networked device issues.
- Support and troubleshoot AMX, Crestron and Extron control systems including basic tasks such as loading code and modifying IP information.
- Support and troubleshoot LCD/DLP/CRT projection systems as well as video and audio systems controls and switchers.
- Support and troubleshoot Biamp, Tesira and Polycom audio mixers to perform basic tasks such as uploading a configuration, modifying IP information and adjusting audio levels.
Education and Certifications:
- 1-3 years of recent experience as an Audio Visual Technician supporting permanent installation of integrated audio visual systems.
- Must have recent experience in the audio visual commercial integration industry having worked at an A/V commercial integration firm or similar.
- Must have significant audio system support experience.
- Must have experience supporting and troubleshooting Biamp, Tesira and Polycom audio mixers to perform basic tasks such as uploading a configuration, modifying IP information and adjusting audio levels.
- Must have experience with control system configuration and troubleshooting such as Crestron and AMX.
- Experience supporting LCD/DLP/CRT projection systems as well as video/audio systems controls and switchers is required.
- Must Understand signal flow and use tools such as a multi-meters and tone generators to troubleshoot voltage and signal flow issues.
- Understand data networks, connectivity, wireless connectivity and IP configuration as it relates to networked audio visual systems.
- Must have the ability to solder RCA, XLR and 3.5mm connectors including terminating RJ45 connectors.
- Install and mount wall and ceiling equipment such as flat panel displays, speakers and microphones.
- Experience training, mentoring supervising more junior technicians is a nice to have.
- College Degree Preferred
- CTS certification nice to have
- Control system certifications in Biamp, Crestron, AMX or other is a nice to have.