A leading provider of Audio Visual (AV) services to corporate, education, and government customers is looking for an experienced Audio Visual Design Engineer to work on commercial AV integration projects in the Baltimore, MD area.
The ideal candidate will be CTS or CTS-D certified and have at least 5-10 years of overall AV industry related experience of which at least the last 3 years as a Design Engineer.Position Responsibilities:
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- The AV Design Engineer will be responsible for reviewing site surveys, designing customer solutions based on requirements, estimating, and producing documentation suitable for sales presentations and system installation, and control system programming scopes.
- Review site survey documentation produced by Sales reps along with needs Assessment reports.
- Prepare proposals and designs for audiovisual system integrations and installations.
- Create construction and system integration documents (CAD Drawings, Blue Prints and CSI Specifications)
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, installation teams and vendors
- Provide sales and technical staff with high end technical support on both a pre- and post-sales basis including attending project meetings.
- Assist with A/V system commissioning- Crestron, Extron, Biamp, Clearone, BSS, Cisco and Polycom VTC.
- Knowledge of AMX, Crestron or Extron control system programming, implementation, and testing for System Integration client projects. Leading programming code reviews as required. Contributing to design review and code review as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that company offers.
- Leading resolution of field code issues.
Education and Certifications
- At least 10 years of overall Audio Visual commercial solution/services industry experience.
- At least 3 years of recent experience as a hands on AV systems design engineer.
- A proven track record in AV systems engineering and control systems commissioning
- Ability to write a scope of work and finalize a system deployment and build-out.
- AutoCAD or StarDraw experience
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
- Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
- CTS Certification with CTS-D as highly preferable