We are looking for an experienced AV Design Engineer in the Boston area to work on commercial AV integration projects.
The ideal candidate will be CTS or CTS-D certified and have at least 6 years of overall AV related experience of which at least the last 3 years as a Design Engineer.Position Responsibilities:
Education and Certifications
- The AV Design Engineer will be responsible for reviewing site surveys, designing customer solutions based on requirements, estimating, and producing documentation suitable for sales presentations and system installation, and control system programming scopes.
- Review site survey documentation produced by Sales reps along with needs Assessment reports.
- Prepare proposals and designs for audiovisual system integrations and installations.
- Create construction and system integration documents (CAD Drawings, Blue Prints and CSI Specifications)
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, installation teams and vendors
- Provide sales and technical staff with high end technical support on both a pre- and post-sales basis including attending project meetings.
- Assist with A/V system commissioning- Extron, AMX, Biamp, Clearone, Symetrix, Cisco and Polycom VTC.
- Knowledge of AMX, Extron control system programming as well as DSP experience, implementation, and testing for System Integration client projects. Leading programming code reviews as required. Contributing to design review and code review as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that company offers.
- Leading resolution of field code issues.
Bachelors Degree (Preferred) CTS Certification with CTS-D as highly preferable
Required Experience and Qualifications:
At least 6 years of overall Audio Visual commercial solution/services industry experience. At least 3 years of recent experience as a hands on AV systems design engineer. A proven track record in AV systems engineering and control systems commissioning Ability to write a scope of work and finalize a system deployment and build-out. AutoCAD or StarDraw experience Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.