TierPM, an IT project management services firm specializing in data center infrastructure and application development solutions for clients nationwide, is seeking an experienced IT Infrastructure Project Manager. This is a 6-12 month opportunity with the potential for extension.
The ideal IT applicant will have 5-6 years of infrastructure project management experience specifically data center server consolidation, server migration and server refresh projects. **Note: This is a work from home position. Minimal travel (less than 25%) is anticipated.**Responsibilities:
- Manage server refresh and server migration projects from definition to implementation.
- Lead projects via consultation, collaboration, problem-solving, decision making, and effective communication.
- Track and communicate server refresh project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, and drive appropriate escalations.=
- Work with business and application owner groups to schedule the hardware refresh of their current server including any application requirements and dependencies
- Learn and apply a consistent project management framework around projects.
Education and Certifications:
- At least 5-6 years of IT infrastructure project management experience.
- Recent experience managing server and infrastructure hardware refresh and migration type projects is ideal.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including strong follow up skills.
- A process mindset and strong teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Project, or other project management tools.
- Knowledge of servers, storage and network infrastructure is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- PMP, CAPM or ITIL certification is a nice to have.