Exciting opportunity for a Pre Sales Audio Visual Design Engineer in the Raleigh/Durham, NC Area!
A leading provider of audiovisual and IT collaboration technology is looking for a Pre Sales Audio Visual Design Engineer to work on commercial and educational integration projects in the Raleigh/Durham area.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in the design, install and troubleshooting of advanced of audio, video, Video Conferencing, telepresence and associated control systems requirements.
CTS and DMC (or similar) certifications are nice to have.Position Responsibilities:
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- The A/V Design Engineer will be responsible for reviewing site surveys, designing customer solutions based on requirements, estimating, and producing documentation suitable for sales presentations and system installation, and control system programming scopes.
- Must be able to produce advanced audio visual designs including: control flow diagrams, video and audio components
- Experience designing with the latest AV products including AMX, Biamp, Crestron, Extron, Panasonic, Polycom, Sony, and Tandberg.
- Must have the ability to read architectural, mechanical and electrical (MEP) drawing sets.
- Prepare proposals and designs for audiovisual system integrations and installations.
- Create construction and system integration documents (CAD Drawings, Blue Prints and CSI Specifications)
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, installation teams and vendors
- Provide sales and technical staff with high end technical support on both a pre- and post-sales basis including attending project meetings.
- Contributing to design review and code review as required.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that company offers.
Education and Certifications
- At least 2 years of overall audiovisual commercial integration industry experience as a hands on A/V Design Engineer or Systems Engineer working commercial integration projects.
- Experience with structural and MEP Design Concepts
- A proven track record in audiovisual systems engineering and control systems commissioning
- Ability to write a scope of work and finalize a system deployment and build-out.
- AutoCAD or Visio experience preferred
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
- Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
- CTS Certification with CTS-D highly desired