We are looking for a dynamic and friendly Accounting Assistant to join a high energy corporate accounting team at an exciting technology company in the Philadelphia (Broomall, PA) area.
The ideal candidate will have 3 years of recent experience in an accounting related support role, have knowledge of accounting terminology and experience using spreadsheets and automated accounting systems.Position Description:
- Correcting, processing and reconciling a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers;
- Review and code financial information;
- Prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; Compile and review information for accuracy
- Invoice close outs, recurring billings, and service calls
- Prepare credit memos
- Apply cash receipts
- Interact with accounting regarding accounts receivable
- Complete collection calls and letters
- Address and research customer service matters
- Generate end of months reports
- Reconcile recurring revenue
- Code and batch invoices and print reports
- Generate open payables list
- Run checks
- Mail checks and file stubs and invoices in vendor files
- Resolve vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Resolve PO discrepancies
- Communicate potential problems/trends to managers
- At least 1-3 years experience in an accounting support function
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- High School Diploma or Associate' s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College
Position Code: TPM14147
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.