A leading provider of audio visual Pro-AV integration services, has an exciting opportunity for an Audio Visual Field Service Technician in Manhattan, NY.
The ideal candidate will have advanced troubleshooting and repair skills with professional audio and video equipment such as digital audio recorders, audio systems, microphones, audio mixers, DSP processors, associated cabling and other multimedia equipment.
Note: This role is responsible for escalated front-line customer service involving recording products at client site locations.Primary Role Responsibilities
Essential work experience, qualifications and skills
- Proactive and reactive support and maintenance of installed AV/VC systems and components at designated customer sites.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Responsible for maintaining and operating audio equipment used in the recording and distribution of multi-channel audio and video.
- Advanced troubleshooting problems and repair of equipment such as digital audio recorders, audio systems, microphones, audio mixers, DSP processors, associated cabling and other multimedia equipment.
- Deploy portable AV and recording scenarios as required.
- Accurate and timely reporting and timekeeping in the Service Desk system.
- Maintenance of asset register for AV related equipment owned in various client installations.
- Excellent customer relationship and troubleshooting skills, resolve escalated support requests.
- Able to demonstrate soft skills which includes: active listening, Attentiveness, clear communication, persuasive speaking, ability to use positive language, confidence, good body language, patience and self-control and ability to empathize.
- Provide regular progress updates for current and outstanding incidents or project tasks.
- Present a neat and clean appearance.
- Position holder to be available after hours when required to support international teams and operational issues as needed
Desirable work experience, qualifications and skills
- Audio, AV and/or digital audio skills and qualifications.
- Formal training with installed AV systems.
- Basic networking skills.
- Experience working with remote desktop systems and performing IT troubleshooting.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot IT problems methodically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to ensure consistency of standards/procedures & promote efficiencies
- An ability to always maintain a positive outlook and working attitude
- Experience of accurately recording time and activities within a Service Desk system.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive and classified data.
- Experience working within financial/banking institutions
- Experience working with users of varying technical knowledge levels