A leading provider of Audio Visual technology is seeking a Structured Cabling Technician
in the Columbia, SC, area. The ideal candidate will install cable pathway systems, firestop systems, and other cables.
Requirements for Success:
- Install, terminate, test and label cabling according to project scope and engineering direction.
- All cables must be installed and tested in accordance to BICSI standards
- Cabling will require routing into telecommunications systems, some office furniture, and other work area outlets
- Some necessary additional build out telecommunication and equipment rooms may be required
- Firestop many different types of cable penetrations
- Provide daily progress on work completed to reporting manager including updating of all required documentation.
- Provide the mounting of any equipment in adherence to industry standards and all manufacturer requirements
- Communicate with Lead Installation Technician regarding work completed, quality, and performance
- Conduct job site surveys, including visual inspections and problem identification
- At least three years of proven experience as an installer or service technician
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to read designs and interpret signal flow through circuits
- Familiarity with tools such as: Volt Meters, 8P8C Connectors, and Standard Cable Testing Equipment
- Proven proficiency with MS Office such as Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional and strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Maintain a clean driving record