An exciting opportunity for an AV Manager of Events in Philadelphia, PA!
The Event Manager will work with customers to assist them with their Audio Visual needs before and during meetings, conferences and convention type events. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of superior customer service experience working with clients to Quote, plan, deploy and support their Audio Visual needs during meeting events and managing large teams of event technicians and other AV professionals.Must Have Experience:
- Minimum 10 years experience in audio visual events industry.
- Minimum 5 yaers supervisory expereince in an AV environment.
- Extensive knowledge of operating audio visual equipment which includes but is not limited to audio, data, lighting, staging, video, etc.
- Must have "Live" Corporate Event Experience
- Familiar with Audio, Video and Lighting best practices and standards
- Must have A/V industry experience
- Strong Communication Skills
Education and Certifications:
- In charge of supervising and scheduling the staffing of technicians for all events using a combination of internal, freelance staff and external staff of up to 30 employees from various trade unions and contractors.
- The manager communicates closely with Event Planners, Clients, Technicians and Facility Managers to ensure that all audio visual components are implemented in such a way as to provide a solution that meets the demands, not only of individuals involved, but also the goal(s) of the particular event.
- Perform site visits with customers and/or event planners to determine their individual standards for onsite productions as it relates to audio visual technician support.
- Work with customers prior to, the day of, and during events to ensure the proper staffing and make real time adjustments as necessary.
- Be prepared to be a contingency technician on an exception basis which may include assist with room configuration, setup and tear down of audio visual equipment in addition to physical configuration (lifting involved) and connecting and interfacing all audio visual equipment
- Schedule appropriate staff based on event requirements.
- Work with third party vendor and union labor sources to ensure optimum outside labor sourcing (cost, skill level, flexibility, availability, etc.) as required.
- Work with Account Managers to ensure proper budgeting.
- Assist in taking rental orders.
- Provide highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Practice safety procedures.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a two-year college degree or higher
- CTS and/or any other A/V Industry certifications are nice to have.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- PC skills to perform network enable equipment software upgrades.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.