A leading provider of audio visual event technology services for hotels, conference centers and meeting facilities nationwide, is seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Director of Event Technology in the Boston, MA metro area.
The ideal " audio visual guru" will have at least 1-3 years of audio visual event technology experience working in a hotel or convention type events environment.Sound like the exact opportunity you are looking for? If yes, read on!Position Description:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Oversee all in-house hotel meeting and event audio visual operations and supervise a team of audio visual technicians.
- Work closely with hotel audio visual management, support staff and event planners to oversee all audio visual operations on property.
- Work with Event Planners, Clients, Technicians and Facility Managers to ensure that all audio visual components are implemented in such a way as to provide a solution that meets the demands, not only of individuals involved, but also the goal(s) of the particular event.
- Overall project management responsibilities. Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise resources and activities required to meet project deliverables.
- In charge of supervising and scheduling the staffing of technicians for all hotel meetings and events using a combination of internal and freelance staff as needed.
- Perform site visits with customers and/or event planners to determine their individual standards for onsite productions as it relates to audio visual technician support.
- Work with customers prior to, the day of, and during meetings and events to ensure the proper staffing and make real time adjustments as necessary.
- Be prepared to be a contingency technician on an exception basis which may include assist with configuration, setup and tear down of audio visual equipment in addition to physical configuration (lifting involved) and connecting and interfacing all audio visual equipments.
- Respond to technical RFPs and RFQs.
Education and Certifications:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of audio visual event management experience in a hospitality environment such as hotels, conference and/or meeting facility environments.
- Experience managing teams of AV technicians during meetings and live events.
- Knowledge of operating audio visual equipment which includes but is not limited to audio, data, lighting, staging, video, etc.
- Familiar with Audio, Video and Lighting best practices and standards
- Must have audio visual event technology industry experience
- Strong Communication and People Skills
- Four-year college degree preferred
- CTS and/or any other A/V Industry certifications desired not required.