An exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Audio Visual Systems Design Engineer in Austin, TX
A leading provider of audiovisual and IT collaboration technology is looking for an entry level Audio Visual Design Engineer to work on commercial integration projects in the Philadelphia, PA area.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in the design, install and troubleshooting of audio, video, Video Conferencing, telepresence and associated control systems requirements.
CTS and DMC (or similar) certifications are nice to havePosition Responsibilities:
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- The A/V Design Engineer will be responsible for reviewing site surveys, designing customer solutions based on requirements, estimating, and producing documentation suitable for sales presentations and system installation, and control system programming scopes.
- Experience designing with the latest AV products including AMX, Biamp, Crestron, Extron, Panasonic, Polycom, Sony, and Tandberg.
- Must have the ability to read architectural, mechanical and electrical (MEP) drawing sets.
- Prepare proposals and designs for audiovisual system integrations and installations.
- Create construction and system integration documents (CAD Drawings, Blue Prints and CSI Specifications)
- Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, installation teams and vendors
- Provide sales and technical staff with high end technical support on both a pre- and post-sales basis including attending project meetings.
- Contributing to design review and code review as required.
Education and Certifications
- At least 1 year of overall audiovisual commercial integration industry experience as a hands on A/V Design Engineer or Systems Engineer working commercial integration projects.
- Ability to write a scope of work and finalize a system deployment and build-out.
- AutoCAD or StarDraw experience
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
- Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
- CTS Certification with CTS-D highly desired