A leading national provider of audio visual and collaboration technology solutions is seeking an experienced Director of Sales to lead their growing Audiovisual Technology Division for the Great Lakes Region out of Buffalo, NY.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience as a high producing UC technology solution sales contributor (Hunter!) and subsequent management experience to lead a team of sales representatives, establishing sales goals and ensuring team revenue and profit goals are achieved.Position Description:
Required Skills and Experience
- Directly manage the sales team and fulfill the role of department head as the Director of Sales, oversee sales team management functions and facilitate the execution of the business development plan to achieve company sales, revenue and profit goals.
- Oversee handling of key accounts, which includes specific vertical markets targeted to sell and deploy audio/video solutions to businesses and government entities.
- Client and vendor intervention as needed and facilitate internal communications to provide direction and support of the sales team. Plan, organize and implement sales programs for the company.
- Establish a sales budget, forecast and reports on product and pricing trends, training program and other critical programs that are success factors designed to support the mission, objectives, guiding principles and vision of the company.
- Direct and lead staff related to sales activities utilizing in-depth industry knowledge and experience as a subject matter expert.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in technical solution sales.
- Audiovisual Technology sales experience is a must
- At least 3 years experience as a Director of Sales and/or Manager of a sales team.
- Experience conducting market research, sales projections, territory or vertical market assignments, key and targeted account identification and new and existing customer development program
- Experience in strategic planning, goal setting, developing sales plans and meeting objectives for overall company performance, individual performance, employee retention and acquisition
- Experience overseeing the sales budget, facilitating planning, developing long-range plans for the department and participating in management team meetings.
- Experience establishing funding requirements for staff development and training programs and working with management to regularly evaluate the development progress
- Experience preparing cost estimates on projects, determining pricing and signing off on all proposals for large projects.