A leading provider of audio visual event rental and staging services is seeking a qualified Senior Audio Visual Event Video Technician to work on exciting corporate and concert venue production events. Travel up to 35% required.
The ideal Event Video Technician applicant will have at least 6 years of progressive front of house video engineer (V1) expertise.**Note:
This is a Full Time Permanent W2 Opportunity with full benefits including health insurance, paid time off, employer 401K contributions and more. Sorry, no freelance opportunities at this time**Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Maintain all video equipment and assume the role of head (V1) video technician.
- Overall AV equipment set-up and operations, event production operations, and maintenance support for a large corporate audio-visual live production events.
- Provide FOH (V1) engineering expertise including operating professional video equipment to produce superior video quality in a wide variety of event venues, from small rooms to large 1000-person conference halls.
- Responsible for the proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all video gear.
- Provide assistance in event AV set-up and operations in accordance with facility SOPs and event customer requirements. This involves the use of advanced audiovisual and lighting equipment, including robotic cameras, production switchers, webcasting encoders, and projectors/laptop display equipment.
- Provide basic troubleshooting of equipment and rack-mounted systems to identify the source of problems, and provide immediate repair or replacement to restore operations.
Education and certification:
- At least 6 years of progressive experience as a V1 Video Engineer.
- Must have "Live Event" corporate event experience supporting a wide variety of event venues, from small rooms to large 1000-person conference halls.
- Must possess experience with expert set-up and maintenance of AV and Broadcast system cameras, video equipment as well as video conferencing equipment and conference AV equipment.
- Have a working knowledge of emerging broadcast, A/V and VTC technologies, and assist in defining upgrade plans for future system upgrades.
- Must have an excellent attitude, professional dress and be capable of performing efforts politely and professionally in a corporate customer service facing role.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- Must be willing to travel 30% to 35%.
- High school diploma or GED
- College Degree highly preferred.
- CTS or other related industry certifications nice to have.